Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Wrapping up 2008

Well 2008 has come to an end, but my 2009 goal has not changed.  I just printed up a 12 week training schedule for half marathons.  I used the one from RunnersWorld.com
 which I know is kinda generic, but it's good enough for me.  

I got a Garmin Forerunner for Christmas, which is good and bad.  It's good, because it's a little more accurate than Nike+, and bad because now I know how slow I really am.  Actually, I'm only a little slower than Nike+ was telling me, which is good because I thought there would have been a larger difference.  My average pace is now around a 9 minute mile as opposed to 11 min/mile back in May.

Monday Jan 5th officially starts my training routine.  In the mean time, I've run 5K every day for the past 5 days.  In addition (though I'm a little embarrassed) I started using the Wii Fit for Yoga.  My hope is that it will help me with my running form and "running tall".

Happy New Year!

No comments: