Saturday, October 25, 2008

After the Wyckoff 5K

Last Saturday (Oct 18) I ran the Wyckoff 5K, which doubled the number of 5K races I ran (ever).  It was pretty cold that morning and I had to go by myself, because the kids had Saturday workshop and Ciaran had dance after that.  My reach goal was to finish in under 28 minutes.  I did a great job of pacing myself in the beginning, but I never really picked up the pace until the last 200M.  I ended up sprinting that last stretch, which means I had way too much in my tank.  I think I will make a note to pick up the pace at the half way mark, when I run the Bergenfield 5K in two weeks.

With the cold weather, it really hard to motivate and get outside to run.  I've been going to the gym, but the treadmill doesn't work well with Chi Running and me.  I either end up running too fast or too slow.  Oh well, good thing I'm not starting to seriously train until January.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Keep up the good work! Whenever you have a not so fast race, remember my motto...Running a race is about finishing. ;-)