Sunday, October 5, 2008

Chi Running

On Thursday I discovered Chi Running!  One of my co-workers was telling me what she knew about and it sounded great.  On September 16th I posted a entry about how I discovered that shorter faster strides was the way to go.  Since making that discovery I've been consistently faster, but I never felt as good as I did that first night.  Until...

After getting home from working on Thursday, we did the usual dinner, bath, bed routine for the kids, but we got them in bed 30 minutes earlier.  I ran out to library as soon as they were in bed, came home and read the first three chapters (which is all background info) and skimmed through the beginning of chapter 4.  By this point I realized that Chi Running was very similar to what I had done on September 16th.  This book described in detail the mechanics and the state of mind I had on that run.  Even though I only skimmed chapter 4 (which covers the mechanics), I was able piece enough of it together to give it shot that night.  So without a lot of effort I was able to knock out 5K in 28:17 which is a personal best for me, then on Saturday morning I got down to 28:07.  I am confident that I will post a sub 28 minute time my next time out.

Tonight I plan on finishing a few more chapters, and reviewing chapter 4 again.  The possibilities are really exciting!  Just think, I didn't even get to the meat of the book and it helped me this much.  I can't even imagine how great this will be once I finish the book and really study it.  I'm even considering taking Tai Chi now!  Talk about drinking the Kool-aid!


No comments: